Valentine Wolfe will be scoring portions of Angels in America, presented by Greenville's Warehouse Theater! To visit the Warehouse click here.
This happened awhile ago, but you still should know: Valentine Wolfe is a proud member of Hatton Cross Steampunk Publishing! To visit HCSP click here.
If you'd still like a copy of the 2014 Christmas songs 'One Black Rose' or 'A Victorian Christmas Haunting' click on the 'buy' links in the embedded players above, or click here to go to Valentine Wolfe's bandcamp page and get your own copies for only $1 each.
Valentine Wolfe's latest album, 'Once Upon A Midnight,' is avaible in all kinds of formats: graphic novel and CD, deluxe edition and CD (only a few of those left), and digital audio! If you helped us crowdfund it through kickstarter, click here to log in and access your digital copy. You can also head to the Buy section to get your own copy!
- April 19: McGee's Irish Pub, Anderson, SC.
- Upstate Steampunk Dining Out! All Ages, Free. 6PM-10PM
- April 20: Crimson Film Festival, Charleston, SC.
- Two Day Horror Film Festival-We'll be down Sunday to watch movies and play for you!
- April 25-27 - RavenCon (Richmond, VA)
- May 16-18 - The Steampunk World's Fair!(Piscataway, NJ)
- May 30-June 1 - ConCarolinas (Charlotte, NC: MUSICAL GUESTS OF HONOR!)
- June 27-29 - ConTemporal (Raleigh, NC)
- July 18-20 - MonsterCon (Greenville, SC)
- November 14-16 - AtomaCon (Charleston, SC)
Lady Sarah Black always knew her destiny was to become the sultry singing siren of the most Gothic and grievously macabre performing ensemble and to compose musical masterpieces about all things detestable, deviant, disturbing…and dare one say, delectable.
So the Lady Black set about becoming the accomplished composer and chanteuse we all worship and adore. But she was faced with a serious predicament, barring her path to becoming the world’s foremost Scary and Creepy (yet hauntingly irresistible) Gothic Diva. She needed another corruptible soul to help her realize her nefarious goals. Searching through the candidates at the conservatory, Sarah finally found a worthy specimen: an easily manipulated apt and talented pupil that was perfectly suited for her gothic performing needs. And to carry her luggage.
Unfortunately, Braxton Ballew played double bass.
And so, Valentine Wolfe was born: Purveyors, Performers, and Composers of the finest Victorian Chamber Metal for Voice, Double Bass, and Electronics. Proudly providing elegant decadence for Living, Dead, and Otherwise, since 2006.
Valentine Wolfe is an electronic music group that features operatic female vocals, solo double bass, and electronica driven beats. You’ll hear elements of metal, industrial, goth, trip-hop, j-rock, and classical blended together in a divine cocktail we call Victorian Chamber Metal. We like to think if you enjoy artists like Emilie Autumn, Rasputina, Nightwish, and Nine Inch Nails, you’ll like us.
Braxton Ballew and Sarah Black have been composing and performing music together as ValentineWolfe since 2006. Both hold graduate degrees from the University of Georgia, where they studied electronic composition with Dr. Leonard V. Ball. In addition, Sarah completed her Masters degree in composition studying with Dr. Adrian P. Childs. She currently studies voice with Lisa Barksdale from Furman University. Braxton holds a DMA in Double Bass Performance and has studied with Milton Masciadri, Albert Laszlo, and James Barket.
Visual manifestations of the ephemereal duo.
One Black Rose.
A Victorian Christmas Haunting.
The Tell Tale Heart.
A Dream Within a Dream.
The Valentine Wolfe production diary is back!
Once Upon A Midnight, Released 2013.
Running time: 45 minutes, and crowdfunded by you.
Click to purchase a the latest Valentine Wolfe CD, Once Upon A Midnight, along with the 21-page graphic novel.
- The Tell-Tale Heart
- Annabel Lee
- The Fall of the House of Usher
- The Masque of the Red Death
- The Lake
- The Oval Portrait
- The Bells
- Spirits of the Dead
- The Assignation
If you helped us crowdfund it through kickstarter, click here to log in and access your digital copy.
Musick Most Dark: 13 Tales from the Steampunk Macabre, Released 2012.
Running time: 58 minutes, and crowdfunded by you.
- Gaslight Fantasia
- You're Not An Angel
- A Thousand Little Deaths
- Obsessions in C Minor
- Her Ladyship's Remedy
- The Darkest Night of Winter
- A Rose for Remembrance
- Whisper My Name
- Black, Black Kisses
- La Cantarella
- Reliquary of Thorns
The Merchant of Venice Original Score, Released 2012.
Running Time: 44 minutes.
- In sooth, I know not why I am so sad
- Venice: I would have stay’d till I had made you merry
- In Belmont is a lady richly left
- Belmont: Portia and Nerissa
- The Jew of Malta
- Three Thousand Ducats….Well
- The vile squealing of the wry-necked fife
- O my ducats! O my daughter!
- Enter the Prince of Morocco
- Mislike me not for my complexion
- The Prince of Aragon
- Where is Fancy Bred?
- Have all his ventures fail’d? What, not one hit?
- Wrong us, do we not revenge?
- In such a night…
- Finale: It is almost morning
- Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est: Where is Fancy Bred?
The Crimson Masquerade: Being a Cycle of Songs Regarding the Undead in Nine Parts, Released 2010.
Running time: 36 minutes.
- Blood of the Rose
- Valse Macabre
- The Snow Queen
- Kissing Twilight
- No Memories
- Sweet Oblivion